On Air Quality Alert days, MORPC recommends taking the following actions to improve air quality:
• Travel by carpooling, combining trips, riding COTA, bicycling, or walking to nearby destinations. MORPC can help you explore your commute options at www.gohiocommute.com or at (888) 742-RIDE.
• Turn off your engine instead of idling your vehicle to cut down on vehicle emissions.
• Avoid refueling your vehicle, or wait until dusk to refuel your vehicle. Filling up your tank when the daytime heat has diminished helps to reduce harmful ground-level ozone pollution.
• Avoid topping off your tank at the gas station. Spilled gasoline pollutes the air when it evaporates.
• Avoid mowing your lawn on an Air Quality Alert day. Longer grass in your yard is good for the air, as well as the lawn.
When everyone pitches in, our communities breathe better air. Visit airquality.morpc.org for more information. Sign up to receive daily forecasts or Air Quality Alert emails direct to your inbox here.